- A lot of body aches when waking up, what are the most important causes associated with body pain when waking up? Here is the most important information about it in this article. The most important causes of body ache when waking up: know them Many suffer from pain in the back, neck, abdomen, shoulder and head when waking up from sleep, and this is linked to various health problems in addition to wrong sleeping habits.
In this article, we will talk about the most important causes of body soreness when waking up in detail. Causes of body ache when waking up The causes of body ache upon waking are divided according to the location of the pain, as follows: 1. Causes of backache when waking up Back pain when waking up can be an indication of a medical condition or an indication of a wrong sleeping position. Among the causes of back pain upon waking are:
1. Getting up wrongly from bed Getting up too quickly and bending too far from the bed puts a lot of pressure on the back, leading to stiffness and back pain. Moving slowly to the edge of the bed or sitting slowly and holding this for a few seconds before placing the feet on the floor and standing helps relieve back pain.
2. Some wrong sleeping positions Sleeping on the stomach creates pressure on the spine, muscles, lower back, hips and neck. Placing pillows around the body in a certain way helps to support the body during sleep and relieve it.
3. Spondyloarthritis Damage to the discs in the spinal cord causes the lumbar spinal canal to narrow, which compresses the spinal nerves.
Pressure causes pain and stiffness ranging in severity from mild to severe in the extreme, and the pain increases in the morning after waking up from sleep.
4. fibromyalgia Back pain and stiffness are among the most prominent symptoms of fibromyalgia, which are aches and pains in different parts of the body.
2. Causes of neck pain when waking up Neck pain is one of the most prominent body aches when waking up, as many causes are linked to neck pain, including: Wrong sleeping position: sleeping on the stomach causes the neck to twist for several hours on one side, which leads to straining and stiff neck muscles in the morning. Using an improper pillow: Using an improper pillow for long hours each night leads to tight neck muscles, which leads to pain and stiffness in the morning. Sudden movements: The constant flipping during sleep and sudden movements, such as: sitting quickly, cause tension and pressure in the neck, which ends in severe pain upon waking. Some injuries: Some sports injuries lead to a feeling of physical effects several days after the injury.
Mental health conditions: Depression and anxiety are one of the most important factors for chronic morning headaches, because they cause insomnia, which increases the risk of headaches. Snoring and sleep apnea: Interrupted sleep due to snoring and sleep apnea causes headaches upon waking. Teeth grinding: It is a sleep disorder that causes headaches upon waking.
4. Causes of abdominal pain when waking up Some people experience abdominal cramps when they wake up, although there is nothing to worry about, constant cramping and pain may indicate a serious problem. Among the most important causes of morning abdominal pain are the following: Constipation: Laziness in bowel activity leads to gas retention, which leads to severe lower abdominal cramps in the morning and at other times of the day. Gallstones: Gallstones are solid deposits of digestive fluid in the gallbladder that cause severe pain in the upper and middle abdomen that gets worse in the morning or evening.