10 Easy Home Remedies For Muscle Aches
Home Remedies For Muscle Aches
Today we will provide you with some of the easiest Treatment and home remedies for muscle aches of all shapes and kinds including spasm as well as involuntary contraction to give you an instant relief from such painful muscle aches.
Causes Of Muscle Aches
Almost everyone faces muscle spasm sometime in their lives.
The muscles that are the most affected by spasms are the muscles at the back of the lower leg and the front and back of the thigh. Muscle cramps may occur in the abdominal wall, arms, hands and feet as well. Acute muscle aches is one of the most common symptoms. It can also be accompanied by swelling.
- It is especially common among people who have work in professions that requires intensive physical effort. These sudden and involuntary muscle contractions can occur in different groups of muscles.
- Other causes of muscular spasm include muscle injuries, dehydration, poor circulation and lack of minerals such as calcium, magnesium or potassium.
- It can also be associated with some medical conditions such as leg restless syndrome, Pinched back nerve , alcoholism, pregnancy, kidney failure, diabetes and thyroid.
Home Remedies For Muscle Aches
Generally there is no medication needed to treat normal muscle soreness. You can try to minimize the accompanied muscle aches and discomfort by using some simple home remedies.
1- Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple vinegar helps relieve muscle stiffness. Low potassium is one of the common causes of frequent muscle spasms. In addition, there are many nutrients in apple cider vinegar that help control the fluid balance in the body, thus preventing dehydration.
- Mix a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of warm water.
- Drink it once daily to prevent muscle cramps.
To prevent night leg cramps, you can mix a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and one tablespoon of calcium lactate in half a cup of warm water. Drink this solution daily at night, half an hour before going to bed.
2- Yellow mustard
Interestingly, yellow mustard is used to stop muscle contraction just within few minutes. Possible causes can be that it contains an acid that enhances the production of acetylcholine in the body. Acetylcholine is a neurotransmitter that restores the helps healing muscle aches.
Simply take a teaspoon of yellow mustard or incorporate it in your meals
3- Clove oil
Clove oil has anti-inflammatory properties that help in reducing muscle spasm and swelling and helps relieve aches.
- Place some clove oil and rub it on the affected area If necessary, repeat the process again.
4- Blackstrap Molasses
If the reason behind your sore muscles was calcium and potassium deficiency, blackstrap molasses is one of the greatest home remedies for muscle aches. It is a good source of calcium and potassium, which can help maintain strong muscles and prevent muscle cramps.
- Stir one tablespoon molasses in a glass of warm water or milk.
- Drink this mixture and within minutes you will feel a lot better.
Rosemary contains anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce the pain in muscle tissues.
To treat aching muscles,
- put one ounce of rosemary leaves in bowl with boiling water.
- Cover and allow it to settle for 30 minutes.
- submerge a towel in this warm solution and place it on the affected area for 10 to 15 minutes.
Or just Drink rosemary tea two or three times a day.
6- Stretching exercises
Simple stretching exercises can help relieve muscle cramps. Stretch the muscles moderately and firmly for 15 to 30 seconds and rub the affected area gently to help it relax.
You can also massage the affected muscles to help ease muscle pain and stiffness.
8- Drink Plenty Of Fluids
Dehydration is one of the main causes of leg muscle cramps. Drink 1-2 cups of water immediately after feeling convulsive. Make sure you drink enough water throughout the day to prevent muscle cramps.
9- Cold compresses
Use cold compresses on the aching muscles to relieve the pain.
Cold temperatures numb the pain and allow the muscle to relax.
To treat the cramping muscle,
- wrap a handful of ice cubes with a thin towel
- place it on the acing muscle for 15 minutes at a time.
- Repeat every two hours for 1-2 days.
10- Epsom salt
The Epsom salt is one of the most powerful home remedies for muscle aches out there. The abundant amount of magnesium in the epsom salt enhances muscle relaxation and healing.
- Fill the tub with warm water.
- Add two cups of salt and stir well.
- Soak in this bath for 20 minutes.
Note: Epsom salt should not be used by those who suffer from heart problems, high blood pressure or diabetes.
6 Additional Tips To Relieve Muscle Aches
- If you suffer from chronic muscle aches you can take the supplements and mineral vitamins necessary for your muscle health.
- Get a rest before and after exercising. This will help the muscles to recover thus prevent cramping.
- If you suffer from muscle spasms at night, wear thin stockings while sleeping to enhance a smooth blood flow.
- Walk or practice some light exercise for five minutes before going to bed. This warm-up reduces muscle spasm and increases blood circulation.
- To prevent muscle cramps during the winter keep your body warm with appropriate clothing.
- Be sure to eat foods containing vitamins A and E as well as magnesium to prevent aching muscle cramps.