7 Ways To Relieve Knee Pain At Home
Learn about some of the Easiest Ways To Relieve Knee Pain
The knee is one of the largest joints in your body,
it consists of two bones,
- the upper leg bone which is called the femur
- – and the lower leg bones which are called tibia and fibula, both the upper and the lower bones of the knee are connected in the knee joint,
the knee joint is covered with cartilage for the absorption of shocks, in the other hand, the two main bones of the knee are connected to each other by muscles, ligaments, and tendons. Knee problems can be caused by so many different reasons such as; injuries, everyday wear, and tear or genetic conditions.
Knee Pain Prevention
The prevention of the knee pain problems is the best way to avoid its future effects in the first place,
there are two ways of prevention:
- Staying physically active, as an old quote says “what you don’t use you lose”.
- Maintaining healthy weight and body proportions,
as the more weight you gain the more knee and back pain you’ll get.
Ways To Relieve Knee Pain At Home
1- Simply Resting:
If your knees get injured you have to take a break and rest in your home, the pain may fade away.
But be aware that overstatement in the resting period can weaken the knee muscles, making it more painful to move it in the future
2. Ice :
Whether you injured your knee somehow and suffer from acute sudden knee pain, or suffer from chronic pain resulted from any kind of arthritis,
you can apply some ice packs for your swelling knee,
put it for about 10-20 minutes to diffuse the heat evolving from the inflammation.
3. Compression and elevation:
Wrap your aching knee for a period of 2-3 days, put pillows under your knee to elevate it for the lowering of the swallow of your knee.
If the pain didn’t fade away after 3 days or the pain get worse, please contact your doctor.
Note that overwrapping any part of your body with any tight bondage cane severely damage the area by blocking your normal blood circulation, so try to loosen up your wrap.
4. Weight loss:
Your weight is considered as such a heavy load on your knee joints as well as your backbone
It will probably cause you some levels discomfort or knee pain and back pain eventually at some point,
so trying to lose some of your excess weight is the best answer,
some medical sites say that every pound you lose your weight feels like 5 pounds fewer to your knee.
So losing weight by all the means plays a very essential role in treating your knee pain and enhancing your overall body health and flexibility.
- Vitamin C: Some researchers say that the intake of vitamin C food and herbs decreases the osteoarthritis.
- Omega 3: works as antioxidants, which fights the free radicals that harm your body.
- Calcium: food containing calcium helps in the maintaining of the bone density to prevent osteoporosis.
6. Targeted Exercises:
Before practicing any of the knee workouts, PLEASE seek advice from your personal trainer, doctor or physician in order to make sure that it’s okay to do any without injuring yourself or even harming your knees. Try this type of exercises:
7. NSAIDS (Non-Steroidal Anti Inflammatory Drugs) :
Like ibuprofen, take it for two weeks, it acts as an analgesic and anti-inflammatory drug.
But beware of the associated side effects such as; harming your stomach lining or even worse, having a heart attack.
For more chronic or severe knee pain, you can use a chondroitin or injections but you’ll need to visit your doctor for better recognition of the problem, which caused you the knee pain.
In some serious more advanced cases it may require joint replacement surgery.
Further tips to relieve knee pain
- Always wear your seatbelt when you are driving.
- Don’t carry too heavy objects.
- Eat healthily.
- stretching and warming up before starting your exercise is a must.
- Wear a knee protection or knee guard kit.
- Never ever overdo in exercises.
- Avoid twisting your knees.
- Wear shoes with good arch support.
- Change your sports shoes every 3 months.
- Choose and other working out gadget of the exact correct size that is a perfect fit for you.
- If you feel any sudden or unbearable kind of pain while working out, you HAVE to stop what you are doing immediately and consult your doctor ASAP.