What Causes Neck And Shoulder Pain Stress?
Modern life, and its scientific achievements, have greatly exacerbated the problems of neck and shoulder pain. Especially for people who do office work, and for school and university students.
Many readers have experienced neck and shoulder stress pain at some point in their lives and know that it may be severe and may be devouring their lives for a few days. But let’s get to know this problem in detail and look for the underlying causes and the new ways to treat them and avoid them.
So, What causes neck and shoulder pain stress ? Is there a cure for it?
Before answering these questions, we note that the doctors of specialization confirm that neck pain is a benign and transient disease, and can be controlled, but in some cases may result in pain from certain diseases in the muscles, or in the spine, and in the cartilage existing in the neck.
Many people suffer from pain in the neck and shoulder areas, and may be confined to pain in the neck or shoulders, although the most common cause is prolonged sitting in front of television or computer, but there are other reasons for this problem
It is worth mentioning that there are many ways to relax the neck and shoulder as well as the medical side of the diagnosis of the situation and taking the appropriate treatment.
What Causes Neck And Shoulder Pain Stress?
- Abnormalities in the bones or joints
- Shoulder joint instability.
- Tendonitis caused by excessive joint use.
- Wrong sitting or sleeping positions and poor postures.
- Chronic degenerative diseases.
- Muscle strain or muscle tension or muscle rupture.
- Dislocation for shoulder.
- Fracture of the clavicle.
- Cervical Radiculopathy
Diagnosis Of What Causes Neck And Shoulder Pain Stress
X rays: It can detect the narrow spaces between the bones of the spine, and the diseases related to arthritis, tumors, cartilage, narrowing of the spinal canal, fractures, and instability of the spine.
Magnetic Resonance Imaging:
Is an extended procedure that reveals details about the nerves.
Usually an alternative to MRI.
It involves electrical muscle planning and nerve delivery speed, and both are used to diagnose neck, shoulder, arm, tingling, and tingling pain.
What Causes Neck And Shoulder Pain Stress To Heal Faster
9 Things You Can Do At Home
1- The best that you can do is neck and shoulder massage
Massage is a good way to reduce neck and shoulder pain. A gentle massage will help your neck and shoulder muscles to release stress and tension. In addition, it will improve blood circulation and relieve swelling and perspiration.
For massage, you can use olive oil, coconut, sesame or mustard oil.
- Heat the oil slightly and apply it to the shoulder.
- Gently squeeze the shoulder muscles and pressure as well as to relieve pain and promote blood flow.
- Massage for 10 minutes, then put a warm towel on the affected area to get the best results.
- Massage several times a day until the pain is gone.
2- Cold compresses
Cold compresses are very useful in relieving neck and shoulder pain. Cold temperature numbs the area, which in turn reduces inflammation and pain.
- Put some ice cubes into a plastic bag and wrap it with a thin towel.
- Place it on the affected area for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Repeat several times a day for a few days.
- You can also soak the towel in cold water and apply it to the shoulder.
Note: Do not put ice directly on the skin. It can cause frostbites.
3- Warm compresses
Just like cold compresses, hot compresses also help in treating neck and shoulder pain. It is best to use hot compresses after 48 hours of the injury. Hot compresses also help relieve any other types of muscle aches.
- Fill the hot water bag and apply it to the painful neck and shoulder areas ar for 10 to 15 minutes while lying down comfortably. Repeat several times a day.
- Also, you can stand in the bathroom and run hot little hot water on your neck and shoulder for 5 to 10 minutes. Try to stand motionless for this time. You can enjoy a hot shower twice a day.
4- Pressure treatment
Press the painful area to help reduce swelling. Applying such pressure works to provide adequate support for your neck and shoulder and makes you feel more comfortable.
Note: Avoid applying too much pressure to your shoulder, which may lead to poor circulation and worsening of the condition.
5- Epsom Salt bath
It is composed of magnesium sulphate, can help relieve pain in the neck and shoulder, helps to improve blood circulation and relax the neck and shoulder muscles and It also helps to relieve the tension of the whole body.
- Fill the tub with warm or hot water.
- Add 2 cups of epsom salt and stir well.
- Enjoy sitting in the bathtub for 30 minutes
- Keep your body warm after getting out of the water.
Turmeric is a successful way to relieve neck and shoulder pain. Turmeric contains antioxidants as well as anti-inflammatory properties that help to reduce pain and swelling.
1- first way to use it
- Make a paste by mixing 2 tablespoons turmeric powder and 1 or more tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Rub this dough on the neck and shoulders muscles and let it dry.
- Repeat twice daily until the pain is gone.
2-second way to use it
- Add 1 teaspoon turmeric powder to 1 cup of milk and let it boil. Treat it with honey and drink twice a day to heal wounds.
3- Another way to use it
- You can also take 250-500 mg turmeric capsules up to 3 times a day. Consult your doctor for the right dose.
Note: Avoid excessive turmeric intake if you take anticoagulants.
7- Apple cider vinegar
When it comes to treating neck and shoulder pain, another effective home ingredient is apple cider vinegar. It has anti-inflammatory properties as well as its alkaline properties which can help reduce pain and inflammation.
- Add 2 cups of apple cider vinegar to a basin of warm water. Soak in this water for 20 to 30 minutes.
- You can also drink a glass of warm water mixed with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and a little honey twice a day for a week to promote rapid pain relief.
Ginger contains antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce pain and inflammation of any kind, including shoulder pain. In addition, it improves blood circulation that promotes rapid healing.
Drink 2-3 cups of ginger tea daily.
- To make tea, add 1 tablespoon ginger slices thinly in 1 to 2 cups of water for 10 minutes.
- Add honey and drink it.
You can also take ginger supplements after consulting your doctor.
9- Lavender oil
Lavender oil is an excellent essential oil that can relax tired muscles. This helps reduce pain as well as inflammation.
- Add a few drops of essential lavender oil to hot or warm bath water.
- Soak your entire body in this tranquilizing bath for 30 minutes.
- Do this once a day to relax the neck and shoulder muscles.
- Mix a few drops of essential lavender oil in 1-2 tablespoons of warm olive oil.
- Use it to massage tense and painful neck and shoulder muscles for 10 minutes, twice a day for a few days.
What Causes Neck And Shoulder Pain Stress To Be Relieved
Practice some light exercises stretching the area to treat neck and shoulder pain. You can use a number of different stretch methods. If you are not sure, consult an expert.
Exercise To Relieve Neck Pain Stress?
Exercise To Relieve Shoulder Pain Stress?